If you have investments with another brokerage that are eligible for our Precise ACAT Transfer Offer, such as cash, US-listed stocks and ETFs, then you can transfer them to your Public Investing brokerage account without selling your eligible whole share stock or ETF positions subject to terms and conditions. Find out exactly what we’ll pay you to switch. Offer expires on 12/31/23 at 11:59 pm EST.
How does it work?
- Enter your email to get started.
- Select your existing brokerage account.
- Connect to your account via our third party partner to import your account data (Plaid or Mesh, depending on your brokerage).
- Select which eligible assets you’d like to transfer and the amount of each asset you’d like to transfer. You can transfer cash, US-listed stocks and ETFs.
- Sit back and wait for us to calculate your incredibly Precise Transfer Offer amount.
- Increase (boost) your offer to get an even higher offer by adding additional transfers, or claim your offer as-is.
- Open a brokerage account with Public Investing (if you haven’t already) and finalize your transfer.
Terms and Conditions apply. See below.
Secure Transfer. This process of transferring your assets from one brokerage to another is called an ACAT and is the industry standard for transferring assets. Think of it as a wire for stocks.
Seamless And Fast. Submit a request to transfer in less than a minute. Most transfers are completed within a few days (but can take up to 7-10 business days to fully complete). Make sure you are inputting all information correctly (name, account numbers, etc.) so the transfer can happen smoothly.
Transfer From a Variety of Brokerages. You can transfer your assets from 14 different brokerages. Don’t worry, if we don’t support your brokerage via our Precise Transfer flow, you can still transfer to Public. Reach out to customer support for details!
Earn a Bonus for your Transfer. Receive an incredibly Precise Transfer Offer for your successful transfer subject to the below Terms and Conditions. In your Public Investing brokerage account, you will see the offer listed under “Buying Power.” Your buying power is the amount of funds you have available for purchasing assets offered on the Public Platform. You can learn more about buying power here.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion expires on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Before you can receive your offer, you must have successfully opened an approved brokerage account with Open to the Public Investing, Inc. (“Public Investing”) and your ACAT transfer must successfully settle. Successful ACAT transfers made by new and existing members through Plaid or Mesh are eligible for this promotion subject to these Terms and Conditions. There is no minimum or maximum transfer amount.
- Before requesting the transfer, you should review and consider all fees charged by the delivering brokerage firm and tax consequences that may result from potential liquidations required before the delivering firm completes the transfer. If you transfer over $1000 to Public Investing, then Public Investing will reimburse you for the transfer fee charged by your delivering brokerage firm in an amount up to $100. You may not receive the full benefit of the reimbursement amount if your delivering brokerage firm charges a fee less than $100, or if they do not charge a fee at all. The reimbursement amount will be included in your offer.
- This offer is for a limited time only and you must complete your ACAT transfer within 30 days of the date that the offer was first given to you to receive your bonus.
- Custom offer amounts are made in Public Investing’s sole discretion and will depend on factors including, but not limited to, total transfer amount and assets selected. You may have the option to increase (or boost) your offer by meeting additional criteria as determined by Public Investing in Public Investing’s sole discretion.
- You can transfer cash, US-listed stocks and ETFs to Public Investing. Assets that Public Investing does not support include: options, OTC-traded securities, mutual funds, and bonds. If you choose to transfer any unsupported assets to Public Investing, then your positions may either be liquidated upon receipt and reflected in your account as cash or those positions will be limited to sell-only.
- Public Investing is not able to accept some assets via ACAT transfer (because they are not supported by the central clearinghouse) including: fractional shares, crypto assets, and alternative investments. If you choose to fully transfer an account with any of those assets, then those positions may be liquidated by the delivering brokerage firm and transferred to Public Investing as cash. Please consult with your delivering brokerage firm for their policies.
- You are not eligible for this promotion if your existing brokerage account is not listed and cannot transfer through Plaid or Mesh; however, new users may still open an account and receive a signup reward in Public Investing’s sole discretion.
- You may not be eligible for this promotion if you previously participated in a Public promotion and subsequently transferred all or substantially all of your funds out of Public.
- You must initiate the ACAT transfer and any deposit boost (as applicable) within 30 days of the date that the offer was first offered to you to be eligible to receive the promotion.
- ACAT transfer requests may take 1-2 weeks to finalize.
- The cash offer will be applied to qualifying accounts no later than one (1) month after the transfer initiation date.
- The assets transferred, and any associated offer received, must stay in your Public Investing brokerage account for at least 12 months starting from the day the ACAT transfer has settled, or the amount equal to your offer will be revoked.
- This promotion is only available for personal use and may not be used for commercial purposes. This offer is not transferable or saleable.
- Offers awarded in excess of $600 (cumulative, per calendar year) will generate a 1099-MISC tax form.
- The name and type of the delivering account must be the same as the receiving account’s name and type. The transfer may be rejected or delayed if the information is not identical.
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Offer available only to individuals who are 18 years or older and are U.S. residents residing within the United States. Public reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time, to limit or modify the amount of offers or bonuses you are eligible to receive, and/or to refuse or recover any promotion award if Public determines it was the result of wrongful, incomplete, inaccurate, or fraudulent circumstances or if terms and conditions of this promotion were violated.
- By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless, Public, its affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, partners, and employees from any liability or damages that may result out of participation in this promotion.
- Other restrictions may apply as determined by Public from time to time in its sole discretion. There is no guarantee that the offer will be paid and Public reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time without notice.
Securities trading services are provided by Open to the Public Investing, Inc. (“Public Investing”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Public Holdings, Inc. (“Public”) and a FINRA- and SEC-registered broker-dealer. Public Investing is also a Member of Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”). SIPC protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). More details, including an explanatory brochure upon request, are available at www.sipc.org.
Before investing in an ETF, investors should consider the investment objectives, risks and charges, and expenses of the ETF before investing. Although ETFs are designed to provide investment results that generally correspond to the performance of their respective underlying indices, they may not be able to exactly replicate the performance of the indices because of expenses and other factors. A prospectus contains this and other information about the ETF and should be read carefully before investing. Customers should obtain and review prospectuses from issuers and/or their third party agents who distribute and make prospectuses available for review.
Please see Public Investing’s Fee Schedule to learn more about fees that may be applicable to your account at Public.
If you have any questions related to your incredibly Precise Transfer Offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.