Get $25 for watching Dumb Money
To celebrate the movie that’s celebrating retail investors, Public is letting you convert your Dumb Money movie ticket into $25* for your new Public account to start investing yourself.*This promotion is in no way sponsored by Dumb Money, Sony or any third party unaffiliated with Public Holdings, Inc. Purchase a Dumb Money ticket from any ticket seller or theater and before 11/30/23, upload your ticket, successfully open a new brokerage account, and deposit at least $20 to be eligible to receive a $25 bonus. Full terms and conditions at TickettoInvest.com. Brokerage accounts on Public.com are offered through Public Investing, Member FINRA & SIPC. Not investment advice. Investing involves risk of loss.
Enter your email to get started
"WOW YOU CAN Cover your price of admission with $25 to start investing on Public"Overheard in a movie theater(Subject to terms and conditions)
We don’t sell your trades to market makers
Unlike what you see in Dumb Money, we skip the whole payment for order flow thing, keeping important conflicts of interest out of our business.#DUMBMONEY public.com Claim your $25* here
the all-in-one investing platform
Invest in stocks, Treasuries, ETFs, crypto, and alternative assets with deep fundamental data and custom analysis powered by AI.
- No payment for order flow
- US-based support
- Financial-grade security
- Headquartered in NYC
*This promotion is in no way sponsored by Dumb Money, Sony or any third party unaffiliated with Public Holdings, Inc. Purchase a Dumb Money ticket from any ticket seller or theater and before 11/30/23, upload your ticket, successfully open a new brokerage account, and deposit at least $20 to be eligible to receive a $25 bonus. Full terms and conditions at TickettoInvest.com. Brokerage accounts on Public.com are offered through Public Investing, Member FINRA & SIPC. Not investment advice. Investing involves risk of loss.
All investing involves the risk of loss, including loss of principal. Brokerage services for US-listed, registered securities are offered by Open to the Public Investing, Inc., member FINRA & SIPC. Brokerage services for alternative assets are offered by Dalmore Group, LLC, member FINRA & SIPC. Cryptocurrency trading services are offered by Bakkt Crypto Solutions, LLC (NMLS ID 1828849), which is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the NYSDFS. Bakkt is not a member of SIPC or FINRA. Brokerage services for U.S. Treasuries are offered by Jiko Securities, Inc., member FINRA & SIPC. Banking services are offered by Jiko Bank, a division of Mid-Central National Bank. Securities investments: Not FDIC Insured; No Bank Guarantee; May Lose Value. ETFs, alternative assets, cryptocurrency, and treasury services are available to US members only. See public.com/#disclosures-main for more information.
How do I know if I am eligible to claim my reward?
If you’ve purchased a ticket to see Dumb Money in theaters, then you are eligible to receive $25 worth of buying power when you (1) upload a photo or screenshot of your Dumb Money ticket at TicketToInvest.com, (2) sign up for Public and open a new brokerage account with Public Investing and (3) make a minimum deposit of $20. This Promotion is only available to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years of age and do not already have a brokerage account with Public Investing. To successfully open a brokerage account at Public, you must pass identity verification checks and meet other eligibility requirements included in the “Terms and Conditions” below.
How can I claim my reward?
Public Investing will use best efforts to deposit $25 into your brokerage account in the form of buying power within 1-3 business days of successfully opening a new brokerage account and depositing at least $20.
In your Public Investing brokerage account, you will see funds listed under “Buying Power.” Your buying power is the amount of funds you have available for purchasing assets offered on the Public Platform. You can learn more about buying power here.
Please note that the email address you use to sign up for Public must match the address you enter on the redemption page. If you do not receive your reward after 3 business days, you may reach out to the Public customer experience team via in-app chat or by email at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion begins on September 25, 2023 at 12:00 am EST and will expire on November 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST.
- To be eligible to participate in this Promotion, you must upload a picture or screenshot of your Dumb Money ticket at TicketToInvest.com, (2) sign up for Public and open a new brokerage account with Public Investing and (3) make a minimum deposit of $20. Upon confirming your eligibility, Public Investing will deposit $25 worth of buying power into your brokerage account. Public Investing will use best efforts to deposit the reward within 1-3 business days of opening an approved brokerage account. This Promotion is only available to individuals who do not already have a brokerage account with Public Investing.
- This program is only available to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years of age and residing within the United States and who are otherwise qualified to open a Public Investing brokerage account. Employees or contractors or people affiliated with Public or members of their household are not eligible for this offer. Employees of any securities or regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible for this offer. Other restrictions may apply as determined from time to time by Public in its sole discretion and without notice. To open a new brokerage account, you must successfully pass identity verification checks, including “know your customer” protocols and anti-money laundering detection.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored by Dumb Money, Sony or any third party unaffiliated with Public Holdings, Inc.
- The Promotion is limited to one redemption per person and Public reserves the right to disqualify any claim, change the rewards and number of rewards offered, modify these Terms and Conditions, and terminate the Promotion at any time, each in its sole discretion.
- Your movie ticket is only valid for one redemption.
- Any account that incurs an ACH reversal fee or a debit card chargeback may be disqualified from this Promotion and any other promotional offers.
- This Promotion is only available for personal use and may not be used for commercial purposes. This offer is not transferable or saleable.
- This Promotion does not constitute an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities or open a brokerage account in any jurisdiction where Public Investing is not registered. All investments involve risk and the past performance of a security or financial product does not guarantee future results or returns.
- The cash value of an offer may be required to be reported as “Other Income” on a Form 1099-Misc. Any gains or losses on the sale of the reward are reported as capital gains or losses. Public is not responsible for any taxes related to this offer. Customers should consult with their tax advisor if they have any specific questions relating to tax treatment and tax implications associated with this offer.
- There is no guarantee that the offer will be paid and Public reserves the right to change or terminate the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
- If a customer requests the cancellation of their brokerage account with Public Investing but is restricted from doing so due to an unsettled offer, then the customer may forfeit the reward in writing. Public Investing will then revoke the face value of the offer and/or revoke the offer credit itself. If an account is closed due to violations of Public’s community guidelines or Terms of Service, Public Investing will revoke the face value of the offer and/or the offer itself from the customer’s account in order to close it. In cases of a forced closure, a formal request in writing from the customer is not required, and Public Investing reserves the right to revoke an offer at any time.
- If you want to share Public with your friends, your friends can earn their first investment on us and you can earn a reward too. See here for details on the Public Referral Program
Brokerage services for US-listed, registered securities are offered by Open to the Public Investing, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Public Holdings, Inc. and a FINRA- and SEC-registered broker-dealer. Open to the Public Investing, Inc. is also a Member of Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”). SIPC protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). More details, including an explanatory brochure upon request, are available at www.sipc.org.
At Public, our mission is to open the markets to all. Trades are commission-free, meaning $0 commission trading on self-directed individual cash brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities placed online. Other fees may apply. See Public’s Disclosures to learn more.
If you have any questions related to this Promotion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.